Is Polypropylene Safe?

Polypropylene is safe and is not considered a health hazard. It is a thermosetting plastic that does not degrade quickly. It does not contain carcinogens and other compounds that cause medical conditions. It has high melting and boiling points.

Polypropylene is used in the food packaging and bottling industries. It does not absorb moisture and remains unaffected by micro-organisms, such as bacteria and viruses. It is chemically inert and thus non-toxic. It is not a good conductor of electricity, and this makes it very safe, too.

Polypropylene does not contain Bisphenol A which is used in the preparation of various plastics. This compound is found to be toxic, and its absence in polypropylene makes it safe.