Most surfaces can be sanitized with a solution of one cup of bleach in one gallon of water. To be effective, this disinfectant should be made with regular-strength, unscented household bleach.
Before applying the sanitizer, the surface should be cleaned with warm, soapy water to remove any dirt or debris and rinsed with clean water. Once the bleach solution is used, it should be allowed to air dry. For safety, this mixture should never be mixed with products containing ammonia. As bleach is caustic, rubber gloves should be worn and windows and doors opened to allow fresh air to circulate.