Which Symbols Represent Hope?
Last Updated Mar 30, 2020 6:04:22 AM ET
Symbols that represent hope include the gingko tree, the color blue and anchors. Much of this symbolism has Christian origins.
Some of the symbols that represent hope include:
- The gingko tree, which has been used as a symbol of hope in Asian art since ancient times. It can be found on famous murals, including the Seven Worthies of the Bamboo Grove and Rong Qiqi.
- Blue is the color that represents the Virgin Mary, and is a symbol of hope, joy and expectation.
- Anchors symbolize hope in Christianity.
- The cross, anchor and heart linked together represent faith, hope and love in Christianity.
- Green is another color that represents hope, as well as love and trust.
More From Reference
Why Getting Vaccinated Doesn't Mean You Should Toss Out the Mask — Yet
How Do You Apply for Social Security Benefits?
How Did the VW Beetle Become an Emblem of the '60s?
We Explain the Complicated History of Myanmar and Aung San Suu Kyi
Financing the Future: Setting Up Savings Plans for Grandchildren
Responsible Retirement: What's the Maximum Amount You Can Contribute to a 401(k)?