Which Symbols Represent Hope?
Last Updated Mar 30, 2020 6:04:22 AM ET
Symbols that represent hope include the gingko tree, the color blue and anchors. Much of this symbolism has Christian origins.
Some of the symbols that represent hope include:
- The gingko tree, which has been used as a symbol of hope in Asian art since ancient times. It can be found on famous murals, including the Seven Worthies of the Bamboo Grove and Rong Qiqi.
- Blue is the color that represents the Virgin Mary, and is a symbol of hope, joy and expectation.
- Anchors symbolize hope in Christianity.
- The cross, anchor and heart linked together represent faith, hope and love in Christianity.
- Green is another color that represents hope, as well as love and trust.
More From Reference
Will 5G Impact Our Cell Phone Plans (or Our Health?!)
The Secret Science of Solving Crossword Puzzles
Racist Phrases to Remove From Your Mental Lexicon
Is the Coronavirus Crisis Increasing America's Drug Overdoses?
Fact Check: What Power Does the President Really Have Over State Governors?
Festival of Sacrifice: The Past and Present of the Islamic Holiday of Eid al-Adha