Symbols that represent hope include the gingko tree, the color blue and anchors. Much of this symbolism has Christian origins.
Some of the symbols that represent hope include:
- The gingko tree, which has been used as a symbol of hope in Asian art since ancient times. It can be found on famous murals, including the Seven Worthies of the Bamboo Grove and Rong Qiqi.
- Blue is the color that represents the Virgin Mary, and is a symbol of hope, joy and expectation.
- Anchors symbolize hope in Christianity.
- The cross, anchor and heart linked together represent faith, hope and love in Christianity.
- Green is another color that represents hope, as well as love and trust.