How Do You Restore Factory Settings on a Toshiba Laptop?
Restoring factory settings on a Toshiba laptop is a process that involves turning off the laptop, removing all the peripherals, pressing the zero key while turning on the laptop, choosing the "Recovery of Factory Software" option from the Recovery Wizard and finally restarting the laptop. This process, which uses a special system recovery image stored in a secret location on the hard disk, may vary from machine to machine with some of the machines asking for disks (multi-disk packages).
- The laptop should be turned off. The "Shut down" link can be found from the Start menu window.
- All the peripherals should be disconnected from the computer. These are things like the mouse, external keyboard, USB flash drive and the monitor.
- The AC adapter should be connected to the laptop to power it.
- The zero key on the keyboard should be pressed and held down while turning on the laptop. This key should be released after the appearance of the recovery warning screen.
- The appropriate operating system should be selected when asked to choose the operating system.
- When a warning screen appears saying that all the data in the laptop will be deleted then rewritten, "Yes" should be selected.
- Once the recovery wizard opens, "Recovery of Factory Software" should be selected.
- Finally, the instructions for restarting the laptop should be followed to restore the factory settings.