What Is the Queen's Husband Called?

Samir Hussein/WireImage/Getty Images

The husband of a reigning queen, also known as a queen regnant, is called a prince consort. The title prince consort indicates that the husband of the queen is of lower royal rank. This difference is made due to a tradition of male titles being regarded higher than female titles.