How Do You Obtain an Honorable Discharge Certificate Replacement?

To obtain a replacement copy of an honor discharge certificate, or a form DD-214, fill out Standard Form 180 and send it to the National Personnel Records Center along with a letter of request. An alternative option is to visit the eVetsrec website and follow all instructions carefully.

Letters of request for a replacement copy of an honorable discharge need to contain as much information as possible in order to locate the requested document. This information includes the full name and service number of the veteran. The branch and dates of service are also necessary. The veteran’s date of birth can be helpful but is not necessary.