How Do I Obtain a DD215?

By Staff WriterLast Updated Apr 3, 2020 3:37:45 AM ET

The paperwork needed to correct a Certificate of Release of Discharge from Active Duty from the United States military is called a DD 215, and it can be obtained by submitting a request letter to the commander of the U.S. Army Human Resources Command. This request must include the reason a change is necessary.