A couple of facts about the number 25 are the 25th day of December is Christmas and, in numerology, the word "sixty" adds up to 25. The number 25 has significance in a variety of areas, including mathematics, religion and sports.
At first glance, the number 25 may not have much significance in daily life. In fact, there are a number of different areas in which the number plays an important role.
- The number 25 is the smallest square that can be written by adding two consecutive squares as shown by this equation: 32 + 42 = 52. This breaks down to 9 + 16 = 25.
- In United States currency, a quarter is equivalent to 25 cents.
- In jewelry, 6 carats is equal to 25 percent of gold mass.
- The silver wedding anniversary celebrates 25 years of marriage.
- In "Mario Kart Wii" and "Super Smash Mario Brothers Melee" there are a total of 25 playable characters.
- The national board game of India is "Pachisi," which is Hindi for "25."
- M25 is the name of the London Orbital motorway.
- "The 25th Hour" is a 1967 MGM movie.
- Robert Burns, a Scottish poet, was born on the 25th day of the year, January 25.
- In mathematics, 25 is the 89th and 90th number of pi.