What Are Some Facts About the Number 16?
The number 16 is an even number and is the only integer that has the form xy=yx, where x and y are different numbers (2 and 4). Another fact is that the base 16, or hexadecimal system, is a notational system for expressing real numbers used in computer science. The 16 digits it uses to represent numbers are the numbers 0-9 and the letters A-F.
Other facts about the number 16 include:
- There are 16 different orders of animals.
- The human eye can see continuous motion at around 16 frames per second.
- The sum of the first four odd numbers (1, 3, 5, 7) is 16.
- The Romanian word for 16 translates into "6 over 10."
- The Portuguese word for sixteen (dezasseis) and Spanish word (dieciséis) translates into "10 and 6" instead of sixteen.