In the 1920s and 1930s, Dr. Pepper ran the slogan "Drink a bite to eat at 10, 2 and 4." The slogan encouraged people to drink a Dr. Pepper for quick source of energy.
The slogan referred to research of the time that showed people hit a low period around those times of the day. The company made a logo to match with those numbers surrounding the words "Drink Dr Pepper." Today, a collector's club is named after the slogan: the Dr. Pepper 10-2-4 Collector's Club.
The drink originated in 1885 in Waco, Texas. It was first sold as a fountain drink at Morrison's Old Corner Drug Store.