A teapot bearing the pottery mark of Ellgreave was manufactured by The Ellgreave Pottery Co., a subsidiary of Wood & Sons, Ltd. of England. The Ellgreave name was derived from the pottery's location on Ellgreave St in Burslem.
Wood & Sons, Ltd. manufactured goods under the Ellgreave Pottery Co. name from 1921 to 1978. While the Ellgreave pottery in Burslem initially produced a variety of earthenware and tableware items, it eventually began to focus on teapots. This put the Ellgreave pottery in direct competition with James Sadler, the world's leading manufacturer of teapots, whose pottery was also located in Burslem.