What Are the Dimensions of a 2-Quart Baking Dish?
The dimensions of a 2-quart baking dish vary, depending on the size and shape of the dish. For example, a square 8-in by-8-in by 2-inch pan holds 2 quarts.
The type of dish or pan used depends on what the cook is preparing. A layer cake generally uses two square or round baking pans, which hold 2 quarts each, although the batter doesn’t completely fill either pan because it rises as the cake bakes.
Other 2-quart pan sizes include:
- Biscuit pan: 11inches by 7 inches
- Brioche pan: 9 1/2 inches by 3 1/4 inches
- Heart-shaped pan: 8 inches by 2 1/2inches or 9 inches by 2 inches
- Loaf pan: 9 inches by 5 inches by 3 inches
- Ring mold, Bundt cake or tube pan: 9 1/4 inches by 2 inches
- Round pan: 9 inches by 2 inches
- Square pan: 9 inches by 9 inches by 1 1/2 inches