Can You Cook Whole Frozen Salmon?
Whole salmon can be cooked many different ways from frozen; it just takes a little longer than fresh according to CookitFrozen.com. If the salmon was frozen soon after being caught, it may be even better than the fresh salmon found at most supermarkets.
Tthere are many different ways to prepare a whole frozen salmon, including roasting:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse the salmon with cold water to remove any ice crystals.
- Pat the salmon dry and brush both sides with vegetable oil, such as olive, canola, or peanut oil.
- Place the salmon on a foil-lined baking sheet and cook it for 15 minutes. Flip it halfway through cooking, if necessary, and season it as desired after 4 minutes of cooking.
- Check the salmon after 15 minutes to see if it’s opaque and cooked all the way through. Remove it from the oven as soon as it’s done.