What Are 10 Facts About Christianity?
The biggest fact about Christianity is its size. There are about 2.18 billion self-identifying Christians throughout the world, giving it only slightly more followers than Islam and making it the largest religion in the world.
Additional facts about Christianity include:
- Christianity is that, of its followers, approximately 247 million of them are American.
- Just shy of 80 percent of the United States population self-identifies as Christian.
- In Mexico, 95 percent of the population is Christian.
- There are nearly 41,000 denominations of Christianity.
- Of the Christian denominations, Roman Catholicism has the largest amount of followers followed by the Protestant and then Orthodox faiths.
- The majority of Christians align with charismatic core beliefs.
- Slightly more than 13 percent of Christians believe the Bible to be completely true.
- About 78 million Bibles are distributed each year.
- There are about 316,000 missionaries worldwide.
- Almost 160,000 Christian followers are killed each year simply for being Christian.
- In North America alone, there are more than 1,500 different types of Christianity.