Q:

What do you do if your dog eats roach poison?

A:

Quick Answer

The Daily Puppy recommends rest without feeding if the ingested roach poison is a bait with boric acid as the active ingredient. If the ingested poison is a spray containing phosphorus, the dog's owner should induce immediately seek help from a veterinarian.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

To ensure maximum safety for the dog, PetPlace.com warns that inducing vomiting should not be done unless a veterinarian specifically prescribes it. The Daily Puppy suggests rushing the dog to a veterinarian, without wasting time on trying to induce vomiting if signs such as convulsions are present indicating the poison is already attacking the dog���s nervous system.

Learn more about Veterinary Health

Related Questions

Explore