Q:

What is McDonalds' marketing strategy?

A:

Quick Answer

McDonald's has different marketing strategies for different locations around the world, but its overall strategy is to offer consumers a great value. This was the main thinking behind the hugely successful Dollar Menu. McDonald's does not just think of great value in terms of low-cost food; it also takes the speed at which food is prepared and its atmosphere into consideration.

Continue Reading
What is McDonalds' marketing strategy?
Credit: Hisham Ibrahim Photographer's Choice Getty Images

Full Answer

McDonald's uses its marketing strategy of providing a great value to help meet its three goals. This involves serving quality food quickly and in a fun environment, being a socially responsible company and providing a good return for all of the people who invest in the company.

Another marketing strategy that McDonald's uses is giving back to the community. The people who run McDonald's are strong believers that consumers are much more likely to eat at a restaurant that gives back to a community than a restaurant that does not. This is why McDonald's runs many fundraisers and gives to local charities.

However, only about 15 percent of all McDonald's restaurants are owned by the actual company. The remaining 85 percent are operated under franchises. Although franchises have to follow certain rules in terms of quality, cleanliness and service, they also have the ability to opt out of certain promotions. This means that some minor marketing strategies differ from location to location.

Learn more about Marketing & Sales

Related Questions

  • Q:

    What is "low cost pricing strategy" in marketing?

    A:

    A low cost pricing strategy in marketing is an attempt by a company to increase sales by offering a product or service at a low price relative to competitors. This strategy, sometimes also called a price leadership strategy, is typically a difficult strategy for smaller businesses to employ because of the high sales volume needed to make up for smaller profit margins.

    Full Answer >
    Filed Under:
  • Q:

    What is differentiation in marketing?

    A:

    Differentiation is a marketing strategy that businesses employ to make their products unique and stand out from competitors. It is the typical strategy for industries for which multiple competitors produce identical or very similar products.

    Full Answer >
    Filed Under:
  • Q:

    What is the definition of "market aggregation"?

    A:

    "Market aggregation" is defined as the marketing of standardized goods and services to a large population of people that have similar needs, according to Inc. Another name for market aggregation is "mass marketing," a strategy that treats all customers as a single group that is handled homogeneously.

    Full Answer >
    Filed Under:
  • Q:

    Who started Elf Yourself?

    A:

    The Elf Yourself campaign is a marketing strategy created by the Toy advertising agency in 2006. Business supply company Officemax hired the agency to create 20 microsites with holiday themes.

    Full Answer >
    Filed Under:

Explore