What Are Some Examples of Leadership Goals?
Some examples of leadership goals include motivating the team, sponsoring advancement, investing in growth, creation of awareness or exposure, ensuring security and facilitating ways to achieve success. A good leader will strive to achieve these things for the benefit of all the people involved in a company or organization.
Leadership goals help create a framework through which a leader can operate or channel resources. Understanding and genuinely working to achieve these goals is key to success.
- Motivation - a leader is responsible for getting every member of the team motivated by letting them know that they are appreciated and respected for whatever role they play
- Sponsoring advancement - a leader should be able to identify genuine opportunities and commit to sponsoring them. This makes it possible for a company to achieve unprecedented advancements in their field
- Investment in growth - a good leader commits to growth and development. This means he or she genuinely commits to long term programs aimed at helping those that are being led
- Creation of awareness or exposure - finding avenues through which a product or employee can get exposure is another goal that every leader should have
- Security - a leader must also strive to assure his or her followers of security. This could be security of tenure or security against any other threats that may be faced