What Are the Uses of Logic Gates?
Logic gates are digital components that typically work two levels of voltage and determine how a component conducts electricity. Logic gates use Boolean equations and switch tables.
Logic gates are used to build both digital and complex integrated circuits. There are seven types of gates:
- NOT or inverter gates: single bit input and single bit output
- AND gates: have at least two bits of input and work by a multiplication function
- OR gates: have at least two bits input and work by an addition function
- NAND gates: an AND gate with inverter attached
- NOR gates: an OR gate with inverter attached
- XOR gates: represents an exclusive OR gate
- XNOR gates: represents an exclusive NOR gate with an inverted output