Q:

What is the Hindu sacred text called?

A:

Quick Answer

The Vedas are the sacred texts on which Hinduism is based. The Vedas are further divided into four sections: Rigveda, Yajurveda, Samaveda and Artharvaveda.

Continue Reading

Full Answer

Most Hindu sacred texts do not have definite timelines or known authors. The large majority of people who practice Hinduism submit to a supreme being called Vishnu or Shiva. Only 20 percent of the people in India practice other forms of religion, with the other 80 percent subscribing to Hinduism. Hindu sacred texts contain teachings on how to live a morally upright life. Those who fail to live righteously are inevitably going to experience karma or retributive action.

Learn more about Hinduism

Related Questions

Explore