What Is an Example of a Student Autobiography?
An example of a student autobiography is a story depicting the details of his or her life. Some topics found in an autobiography include the events of the student's birth, activities and hobbies, first time traveling alone and educational experiences.
The task of writing an autobiography can seem insurmountable. Students may feel that their lives are not interesting enough for an autobiography. A life map might be helpful to get past this form of writer's block.
A life map is essentially a list of questions that helps guide a student from one stage in his or her life to another. Younger students might enjoy the task more if they are allowed to draw and color pictures depicting these life stages. Older students may find it goes faster if they use the questions to make a rough outline of their autobiography. Once the questions have been answered, the answers can then be formatted and put together to comprise the information in the autobiography. Some examples of questions for a life map include:
- Where was the student born?
- Where did the student grow up?
- Where did the student attend elementary, middle and high school? Also college, if applicable.
- What are some major life events experienced by the student while growing up?
- Are all the important members of the family represented in the autobiography?