When Did the Calvary Baptist Church in Winston Salem Open?

When Did the Calvary Baptist Church in Winston Salem Open?

Calvary Baptist Church opened in Winston-Salem in 1919. Originally, the church was known as the West 8th Street Baptist Church, but it changed to its current name in 1923.

Calvary Baptist Church now includes a children's building, activity center, athletic fields and adult education center on a 19-acre property.

Since 1963, the church's congregation has grown from around 125 people to over 6,100. The church has expanded to three locations across Winston-Salem and Advance, North Carolina.

The senior pastor is Dr. Rob Peters, who was appointed in 2013. He grew up in Tennessee and originally qualified as an accountant before becoming a pastor.