How Do I Get a Copy of My SF-50?

For former federal employees, copies of form SF-50 are available by submitting a signed and dated written request to the National Archives and Records Administration, ATTN: Civilian Personnel Records. The contact address is 1411 Boulder Boulevard, Valmeyer, IL 62295.

The request for a SF-50 should include the employee’s full name, Social Security number, birth date and information pertaining to the dates of any previous employment, including the agency name and its contact information. Current federal employees can contact their human resources departments for this information. Form SF-50 is officially a “Notification of Personnel Action” and it determines an employee’s retirement eligibility and pension based on work in a specific time period. Form SF-50 is the only form of proof on which retirement and pension determinations are made.