How Can You Tell If Someone Is a Witch?
One sign that someone is a witch is that they are female and they have a pet. Witches can use their pet to shape shift and do their bidding.
Some common signs that someone is a witch include:
- If someone has a wart, it may be the case that their spirit familiar is feeding on their body. Such warts often appear between the fingers.
- During the Salem witch trials, women were more likely to face a witchcraft accusation than men. The rationale behind this was that women were more weak minded. They were especially likely to face trials if they were middle aged and unmarried.
- Witches may appear socially unacceptable in public. For example, they may spend a lot of time being angry, engaging in irritating behavior or they could act strangely around children.
- If someone issues a threat and it later comes true, it is a sign they are a witch.
- Another sure sign that someone is a witch is their spirit appearing in a house late at night.
During witch trials, suspected witches faced tests to determine whether they were guilty:
- Individuals who were able to swim were found guilty of witchcraft. Those who were innocent usually drowned.
- People who could say the Lord's Prayer without making mistakes or omissions were not witches.
- Sometimes judges would bake a cake using the suspected witch's urine and feed it to a dog. If the dog died, they were found guilty.