How Can You Get Non-Resident Hunting Licenses in Texas?

Non-residents must purchase special hunting licenses from the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department that vary in price depending upon the type of hunting they allow. The department offers a general hunting license, a spring turkey license, a banded bird license and a trapper’s license.

Most hunting licenses that the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department offers are available for purchase online, but both the resident and non-resident trapper’s licenses are only available at physical department locations. Cheaper, short-term hunting licenses are also available to non-residents who are only taking a quick hunting trip in Texas. Non-residents are required to receive endorsement from residents. A non-resident five day hunting pass and a non-resident one-day all-water fishing pass are available for purchase online and in person.