Web Results

www.reference.com/science/things-contain-carbon-fc908ccb...

What Things Contain Carbon? What Things Contain Carbon? Carbon is a common element in the world, which exists in many forms in both living and non-living things. Chem4Kids explains that carbon is found in plants, diamonds, graphite, charcoal, petroleum and plastics. Any form of life on earth depends on this natural non-metallic element.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon

Isotopes of carbon are atomic nuclei that contain six protons plus a number of neutrons (varying from 2 to 16). Carbon has two stable, naturally occurring isotopes. The isotope carbon-12 (12 C) forms 98.93% of the carbon on Earth, while carbon-13 (13 C) forms the remaining 1.07%.

science.howstuffworks.com/.../earth-carbon-stored.htm

So, where is all this carbon hiding out? Look in the mirror. Carbon is the building block for all life on Earth (which is why Captain Kirk and NASA are always looking for carbon-based life forms on other planets), and a good chunk of the total amount of it that the Earth has is in living and dead organic molecules.

www.calacademy.org/educators/lesson-plans/what-contains-carbon

The air you breathe contains carbon dioxide. The food you eat contains carbon. The clothes you wear contain carbon. Through our use of the carbon-containing materials we move carbon from one place to another more quickly than would naturally happen. This activity illustrates the ubiquity of carbon by focusing on carbon-containing objects likely ...

www.calacademy.org/.../123_whatcontainscarbonredesign10nov2014mks.pdf

The air you breathe contains carbon dioxide. The food you eat contains carbon. The clothes you wear contain carbon. Through our use of the carbon-containing materials we move carbon from one place to another more quickly than would naturally happen. This activity illustrates the ubiquity of carbon by focusing on carbon-containing objects likely ...

healthyliving.azcentral.com/carbon-human-bodies-4307.html

The element carbon is not found in a pure form in the human body, but rather in compounds within the body. Carbon constitutes roughly 18 percent of body mass, and millions of carbon atoms form the thousands of molecules in virtually every cell. Carbon is the basic building block required to form proteins, ...

www.reference.com/science/items-contain-carbon-bc6516b8...

Every living thing on earth contains carbon. In its elemental form, carbon exists as diamond, the hardest substance known to man, and as graphite, a material more flexible than rubber and stronger than steel. Prehistoric man knew carbon as charcoal. Carbon is the sixth most-common element in the universe.

education.jlab.org/itselemental/ele006.html

Carbon is most commonly obtained from coal deposits, although it usually must be processed into a form suitable for commercial use. Three naturally occurring allotropes of carbon are known to exist: amorphous, graphite and diamond. Amorphous carbon is formed when a material containing carbon is burned without enough oxygen for it to burn ...

brainly.com/question/2279774

The option that does not contain carbon is ozone. Diamond and graphite are made of carbon almost entirely, and alcohols are organic compounds so they do contain it. Ozone has the chemical formula of O3, so you see there is no carbon involved.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbonyl

In organic chemistry, a carbonyl group is a functional group composed of a carbon atom double-bonded to an oxygen atom: C=O. It is common to several classes of organic compounds, as part of many larger functional groups. A compound containing a carbonyl group is often referred to as a carbonyl compound.