Web Results

www.rocketswag.com/.../dental-product/mouthwash/Why-Is-Mouthwash-An-Acid.html

Why Is Mouthwash An Acid ? Mouthwash is an important part of oral hygiene and it is meant to be the last step in oral hygiene after brushing and flossing. There are many different types of mouthwash available but the most popular are the antiseptic and anti-plaque mouthwashes, which kill bacterial plaque that cause tooth decay, bad breath and ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mouthwash

Mouthwash, mouth rinse, oral rinse, or mouth bath is a liquid which is held in the mouth passively or swilled around the mouth by contraction of the perioral muscles and/or movement of the head, and may be gargled, where the head is tilted back and the liquid bubbled at the back of the mouth.. Usually mouthwashes are antiseptic solutions intended to reduce the microbial load in the oral cavity ...

smile-365.com/acidic-mouthwashes-are-eroding-enamel

The acids in your mouthwash may be eroding your enamel. Protect your teeth by making smarter choices about the mouthrinse you use.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26616243

The two-step mouthwash raised pH significantly higher than Listerine and water, and higher than the baseline value. Salivary pH returned to baseline and was not significantly different among groups at 15 and 45 min post-rinsing. CONCLUSIONS: Mouth rinsing after an acidic challenge increased salivary pH.

www.answers.com/Q/Why_is_mouthwash_a_acid

Mouthwash is a 5.33 on the pH scale, the closer you get to 1 the more acidic, such as Dr-Pepper, or any other cola. However, as you get more to 14 you'll find such things as detergent, and dish ...

www.blodgettdentalcare.com/is-mouthwash-bad-for-you

Keep reading to learn more about the history of mouthwash, my thoughts on whether or not mouthwash is bad for you, and alternatives to commercial mouthwashes. A Brief History of Mouthwash. Believe it or not, people having been using mouthwash for thousands of years. Evidence shows that mouthwashes were used as far back as 2700 BC in China. In ...

www.reviews.com/mouthwash

Mouthwash is uniquely capable of reaching nooks and crannies that you’d be hard-pressed to hit with your toothbrush. Since your teeth only constitute about 25% of your mouth’s total surface area, mouthwash can help make the other 75% a less hospitable environment for bacteria and bacteria-induced problems like plaque and bad breath.

answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110520044437AAvJ2bE

the acid doesn't do near as much damage to your teeth as the sugar (or high fructose corn syrup) in sodas. it will result in plaque buildup that will only leave by brushing/flossing. mouthwash is good but wont prevent caries (decay) by itself. sip through a straw to minimize teeth exposure to soda.

livingthenourishedlife.com/homemade-mouthwash-recipe-for-whitening-and-re...

What makes the perfect homemade mouthwash? I’ll admit: I require a lot out of my homemade mouthwash. All the artificial sweeteners and chemical additives in conventional mouthwash are a no-no in my book, but often “natural” mouthwash brands still don’t make the cut.

ultimateoralhealthguide.com/.../22/change-your-ph-and-improve-your-teeth-and-gums

If you read my newsletters, blog, or books, you know a healthy mouth is a non-acidic, neutral, or alkaline mouth, with a pH 7.0 or above.Tooth roots begin to dissolve as this pH gets a tiny bit below neutral (at pH 6.5) and, when acidity levels dip to pH 5.5 or lower teeth will erode, become discolored, and be at risk for cavities.