Web Results

www.reference.com/food/yield-cooking-3b4d539625ae40ff

The term "yield," when used in cooking, refers to the number of servings that are generated by a particular recipe. In most recipes, the term "yields, " followed by a number, is used at the beginning or the end of an ingredient list.

www.restaurantowner.com/public/Food-Cost-Yield-Calculator.cfm

Food Cost Yield Calculator. The Food Cost Yield Calculator is a flexible Microsoft Excel® set of spreadsheets designed to aid restaurant owners, chefs, and managers in determining the true cost of the raw products used to produce menu items. Shrinkage, waste and trim are significant factors that can negatively impact your bottom line.

opentextbc.ca/.../chapter/yield-testing

Yield Testing Yield in culinary terms refers to how much you will have of a finished or processed product. Professional recipes should always state a yield; for example, a tomato soup recipe may yield 15 L, and a muffin recipe may yield 24 muffins.

www.ciachef.edu/uploadedFiles/Pages/Admissions_and...

YIELD PERCENTAGE Yield Percent is a vital tool for determining how much of a product to purchase or used in a recipe. Calculating yield percentage is critical to placing an accurate food order. Improperly calculating your food order can result in having too much or too little of a given ingredient.

www.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_definition_of_food_yield

Food yield is the entire amount of food that is obtained in one yield. Go. science math history literature technology health law business All Sections. Answers.com ® ...

www.thespruceeats.com/food-and-cooking-equivalents-and...

Do you need to know how many teaspoons of dried herbs to substitute for fresh, how much fresh asparagus to use when the recipe calls for canned, how many graham crackers it takes to make 1 cup of crumbs, or how many apples to buy when a recipe calls for 1 cup of sliced apple?

www.usfoods.com/content/dam/usf/pdf/general/MPP Online...

Common Product Yields VEGETABLES Acorn Squash Flesh Raw 74% Eggplant Trim, Pared, and Sliced 81% Artichoke Edible Leaves and Base 40% Endive Trimmed and Cored 86% Asparagus Trimmed Ends 80% Fennel Trimmed and Cored 86% Beets Peeled and Diced 91% Garlic Peeled Cloves 87% Broccoli Cored.

www.researchgate.net/publication/40127967_Production_yield...

Food processors face increasing demands to improve their raw material yield efficiency. To really understand the raw material yield efficiency of food processing, mass losses need to be divided in ...

www.christianchefs.org/charts/yields.html

Yield percentages allow you, the cook, to increase your knowledge in ordering and figuring out food cost. The yield itself is the percentage of the specified product that is usable. For example, bananas, at a 68% yield, means that you throw away 32% of the banana (the peel), use the other 68% of it, and obviously pay for the whole thing.

www.reference.com/food/food-production-48ddff22e0356c81

What Is Food Production? Food production is the process of transforming raw ingredients into prepared food products. Food production includes industries that take raw food products and convert them into marketable food items. Home food production includes converting produce into forms for long-term storage.