Web Results

www.groschopp.com/duty-cycle-need-know

Continuous Duty During the hunt for an electric motor for a particular application, duty cycle is routinely brought up as an important factor in determining your final motor selection. Often asked is the question of, “Will this application require a continuous duty cycle or an intermittent one?” In other words, will the application be a […]

electrical-engineering-portal.com/10-duty-types-three-phase-asynchronous-motors

Motor Duty / Load Cycle. The term duty defines the load cycle to which the machine is subjected, including, if applicable, starting, electric braking, no-load and rest de-energized periods, and including their durations and sequence in time.

myelectrical.com/notes/entryid/106/understanding-motor-duty-rating

Continuous operation periodic duty with related load/speed changes: Series of identical repeating duty cycles, where within each cycle the motor operates at several different load levels and speed. There is not stopped time and thermal equilibrium is not reached. S9: Duty with non-periodic load and speed variations

www.fluke.com/.../best-practices/measurement-basics/electricity/what-is-duty-cycle

Duty cycle is the ratio of time a load or circuit is ON compared to the time the load or circuit is OFF.. Duty cycle, sometimes called "duty factor," is expressed as a percentage of ON time. A 60% duty cycle is a signal that is ON 60% of the time and OFF the other 40%.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duty_cycle

A duty cycle or power cycle is the fraction of one period in which a signal or system is active. Duty cycle is commonly expressed as a percentage or a ratio. A period is the time it takes for a signal to complete an on-and-off cycle. As a formula, a duty cycle (%) may be expressed as: . = × %. Equally, a duty cycle (ratio) may be expressed as: . =. where is the duty cycle, is the pulse width ...

www.drivesandautomation.co.uk/useful-information/electric-motor-duty-cycles

Electric Motor Duty Cycles. IEC (the International Electrotechnical Commission) uses eight duty cycle designations to describe electrical motor operating conditions: S1: Continuous duty: The motor works at a constant load for enough time to reach temperature equilibrium. S2:

www.engineeringtoolbox.com/iec-duty-cucles-d_739.html

Continuous duty: The motor works at a constant load for enough time to reach temperature equilibrium. S2: Short-time duty: The motor works at a constant load, but not long enough to reach temperature equilibrium. The rest periods are long enough for the motor to reach ambient temperature. S3: Intermittent periodic duty

www.electricalengineeringtoolbox.com/2015/12/ac-motor-duty-cycle-types-as-per...

The IEC Duty Cycle ratings are different from those of that of NEMA. While NEMA specifies continuous, intermittent or special duty (typically expressed in minutes) cycles for AC motors, the IEC uses nine different duty cycle designations according to IEC 60034-1.

whatis.techtarget.com/definition/duty-cycle

Duty cycle is the proportion of time during which a component, device, or system is operated. The duty cycle can be expressed as a ratio or as a percentage. Suppose a disk drive operates for 1 second, then is shut off for 99 seconds, then is run for 1 second again, and so on. The drive runs for one out of 100 seconds, or 1/100 of the time, and ...

learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/pulse-width-modulation

A typical servo motor expects to be updated every 20 ms with a pulse between 1 ms and 2 ms, or in other words, between a 5 and 10% duty cycle on a 50 Hz waveform. With a 1.5 ms pulse, the servo motor will be at the natural 90 degree position.