Web Results


Employees that do not receive payment due from an employer may seek help by filing a complaint with the Department of Labor, the government department responsible for protecting workers' rights under existing labor laws, according to Reference.com. By law, an employer is required to pay an employee


If any employee is not paid by his or her employer, the United States Department of Labor's Wage and Hour Division Office in his or her area should be contacted. The United States Department of Labor website contains a map and listings of Wage and Division Offices across the country.


If employees are not receiving their paychecks in a timely manner, they should contact their state's labor department. Each state sets requirements on the length of time an employer has to pay employees after the end of the pay period.


Individuals are encouraged to keep track of all hours worked during the pay period in which their employers refuse to pay, according to Workplace Fairness. They should also keep track of additional expenses accrued, such as late fees, due to nonpayment. Furthermore, a formal complaint should be file


According to About.com, an employer can legally cut the pay of an employee as long as the employer is not violating any employee discrimination laws. Employers cannot cut pay if an employee is under an employment contract that prohibits it.


There are situations where an employer can change your pay rate, including a decline in business. However, the pay rate cannot go below the Federal minimum wage.


AT&T's pay-as-you-go cellular service allows users to prepay for their mobile service, which lets customers determine how much they would like to spend in advance and avoid being surprised by a large monthly bill. The company refers to this service as GoPhone.


According to the State of New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development, an employer is allowed to cut an employee's pay as long as advanced notice is given to the employee. CBS news confirms that this is a federal law and not confined to one state.


The legal reference company, Nolo, says that the first step in claiming unpaid wages is the submission of written demand for payment to the employer owing them. If the employer still retains wages, the employee should go to the state's labor relations board and file a claim with the appropriate pape


If you work in an at-will position, your employer can terminate you, demote you or decrease your salary at any time and for any reason, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures. Many employers make you sign an at-will agreement when they hire you to avoid any legal problems that ca