Beloved for its star-shaped compound leaves, the dwarf schefflera (Schefflera arboricola) is often grown as a houseplant, though within its hardiness range it also makes a nice shrub or tree in ...
About the Schefflera Arboricola. The Schefflera arboricola is a beloved evergreen houseplant that also is referred to frequently by the name "Dwarf schefflera." The evergreen is part of the Araliaceae family, and hails originally from the Asian island of Taiwan.
Is the Schefflera Plant Poisonous? The schefflera plant is mildly toxic to humans, according to the University of Connecticut Home and Garden Education Center. Eating the leaves can cause the mouth to tingle or grow numb, and it can cause vomiting.
If you think that your animal is ill or may have ingested a poisonous substance, contact your local veterinarian or our 24-hour emergency poison hotline directly at 1-888-426-4435.
Grown indoors the Schefflera Arboricola can be kept to a manageable size of 4 - 8ft tall, and the good news is they respond well to basic indoor conditions. Description The umbrella plant is a multi trunk tree that can grows over 15 metres tall outdoors and has to be pruned and topped at some point to keep its size manageable within a home.
The schefflera houseplant is a popular plant and comes in many varieties. The most well known are the umbrella tree and the dwarf umbrella tree. One of the reasons the plant is popular is because schefflera plant care is so easy, but, while schefflera care is easy, the plant does need to be cared ...
These plants contain special cells called idioblasts. Found in a number of plant species both poisonous and non-poisonous, idioblasts differ from neighboring cells in that they contain non-living substances like oil, latex, gum, resin, tannin, pigments or minerals.
Schefflera arboricola is a flowering plant in the family Araliaceae, native to Taiwan as well as Hainan. Its common name is dwarf umbrella tree, as it appears to be a smaller version of the umbrella tree, Schefflera actinophylla
According to many sources these ten houseplants are highly toxic to dogs, cats or children. The toxicity resides in ingesting the plants. So it is important to keep these away from dogs, cats or children who might chew on them.