Web Results

www.aspca.org/.../toxic-and-non-toxic-plants/schefflera

If you suspect your pet may have ingested a potentially toxic substance, call the APCC at (888) 426-4435 or contact your local veterinarian as soon as possible.* * A $65 consultation fee may apply. Browse Toxic Plant Gallery List »

pawsdogdaycare.com/toxic-and-non-toxic-plants/schefflera-poisonous...

All parts of these plants should be considered toxic, although the leaves of some species may contain little or no toxin. These plants contain special cells called idioblasts. Found in a number of plant species both poisonous and non-poisonous, idioblasts differ from neighboring cells in that they contain non-living substances like oil, latex ...

www.reference.com/science/schefflera-plant-poisonous-8e91b...

Is the Schefflera Plant Poisonous? The schefflera plant is mildly toxic to humans, according to the University of Connecticut Home and Garden Education Center. Eating the leaves can cause the mouth to tingle or grow numb, and it can cause vomiting.

wagwalking.com/condition/schefflera-poisoning

Causes of Schefflera Poisoning in Dogs All parts of the schefflera shrub plant contain the calcium oxalate crystals that are the cause of any injury. Calcium oxalate is a calcium salt of an oxalic acid which produces a disconcerting irritation and numbness to the soft tissues that it comes into contact with.

www.petpoisonhelpline.com/poison/schefflera

©2019 Pet Poison Helpline This website uses cookies. We use cookies for our legitimate interests of providing you with personalized content, enabling you to more easily use our website, evaluating use of our website, and assisting with ad reporting functions.

dogcare.dailypuppy.com/can-schefflera-arboricola-plant...

Symptoms of Schefflera Arboricola Toxicity. When your dog chews or bites into a Schefflera arboricola, calcium oxalate crystals enter the oral tissue, resulting in immediate pain in the lips, gums and tongue. You may notice your dog pawing at his face as a way to relieve the pain. Other symptoms include drooling, foaming and vomiting.

www.fs.fed.us/database/feis/plants/tree/schact/all.html

Because very little primary literature and original research on octopus tree was available as of 2010, this summary has relied heavily on information presented in reviews, floras, horticultural references, fact sheets, and other gray literature [15,22,32,33,36,37,49].Information presented in this literature often lacked supporting documentation and details, but several documents were written ...

pets.thenest.com/schefflera-arboricola-toxic-cats-9686.html

If you have any reason to believe that your little one may have eaten any part of a Schefflera arboricola plant, it's of extreme importance to monitor her for any symptoms of poisoning. Some key signs of Schefflera toxicity are strong burning of the tongue, lips, throat and mouth, problems swallowing, upset stomach and labored breathing.

www.hunker.com/13428323/is-an-umbrella-tree-poisonous

Though often grown as a houseplant, umbrella tree (Schefflera actinophylla, also called Brassaia arboricola) contains toxins potentially harmful to people and animals.Reactions to the poison are not usually severe, but you should contact a poison control for help if someone eats part of the plant.

www.flowershopnetwork.com/blog/10-houseplants-poisonous-to...

According to many sources these ten houseplants are highly toxic to dogs, cats or children. The toxicity resides in ingesting the plants. So it is important to keep these away from dogs, cats or children who might chew on them.