A 14K ring that is stamped .585 indicates that 58.5 percent of the ring's content is pure gold. According to Diamond Jewelers, the remaining 41.5 percent is a metal alloy, which is a stronger metal mixed with the gold to... More »

The number 585 is stamped on European gold jewelry to indicate that the jewelry contains 58.5 percent gold. This is comparable to the U.S. 14K marking that indicates that a piece contains 14 parts gold and 10 parts of on... More »

The stamp PT is an abbreviation for platinum, and PT950 refers to the number of parts per thousand that are pure platinum. Platinum alloys are about 90 percent to 95 percent pure; therefore, a higher percentage of an ite... More »

There is not a universally accepted or understood meaning to wearing a ring on the thumb. Spiritualists, however, assign each finger a name and a significance, and a thumb ring could indirectly relate to such beliefs. More »

Since online jewelers make custom order rings, it is possible to get a ring from a school you didn't attend. Order college rings, and choose the school that is going to be written on the ring, regardless of if you went t... More »

www.reference.com Beauty & Fashion Jewelry & Watches Rings

The average ring size for a woman is size 6. This is based on a woman who is 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs 140 lbs. More »

The most reliable way to determine if a diamond ring is real is by seeking an appraisal from a certified jewelry appraiser. A jewelry appraiser determines the value of jewelry. More »