The schefflera plant is mildly toxic to humans, according to the University of Connecticut Home and Garden Education Center. Eating the leaves can cause the mouth to tingle or grow numb, and it can cause vomiting. Exposu... More »

The schefflera plant is toxic to cats, according to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA). The schefflera is also known as the umbrella tree, the Australian ivy palm, the octopus tree and ... More »

According to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, the hibiscus plant is toxic to dogs, cats and horses. When consumed, the plant can cause vomiting, diarrhea and even nausea. More »

Marigolds are not listed as a poisonous plant for humans, according to the National Capital Poison Center. Marigolds are considered safe and were historically used as medicines for healing wounds and preventing infection... More »

Some causes of leaf drop in a schefflera plant include too much or too little light, overwatering, changes in temperature and humidity, and viral diseases. A plant infected with a viral disease causes the leaves to devel... More »

The schefflera plant is toxic to cats, according to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA). The schefflera is also known as the umbrella tree, the Australian ivy palm, the octopus tree and ... More »

Mistletoe contains a substance called phoratoxin that is poisonous to humans. Eating any part of the mistletoe plant can cause severe illness and even death in some cases. More »

www.reference.com Science Biology Botany