Web Results

www.quora.com/How-bad-is-it-to-ingest-rust

I decided to eat rust today for the first time and it’s a great replacement for the blood I’ve been drinking. It tastes just like it and I can’t get any diseases from it… and yes that includes tetanus. Tetanus is caused by a bacterium, not rust (i...

healthfully.com/effects-eating-rusted-utensils-7366249.html

The Effects of Eating From Rusted Utensils. In the many urban legends pertaining to household items, one of the more obscure is the legend that you can get tetanus from ingesting rust from rusting utensils. The idea that even if a utensil is clean, the rust can collect in the body, however, is almost never true. The amount of rust needed to be ingested would be extremely large, or you would ...

www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=67309.0

IF THERE IS RUST GIVE YOUR MUFFIN TIN A GOOD SOAKING IN VINEGAR TO REMOVE THE RUST.SCRUB IT UP WITH SOAP AND WATER..DRY IT THOUROUGHLY AND DEPENDING ON TIN SURFACE SAY CAST IRON MUFFIN PAN..GVE YOUR PAN A NICE RUB DOWN WITH A SMALL AMOUNT OF OIL TO PREVENT FURTHER RUST..it should not hurt you and for future muffins if you are concened toss in paper muffin cups and prevent the neex to grease an ...

van.physics.illinois.edu/qa/listing.php?id=12540

Follow-Up #1: Is rust harmful? Q: I use water from a metallic tank to cook, bath and do other household chores. Now i noticed there is alot of rust in the tank that won't come off after washing it severally. This means i have ingested alot of rust and i am worried. Please tell me, what are the harmful effects of rust to the human body?

cooking.stackexchange.com/questions/24786/eating-food-from-a-slightly-rusting...

Eating food from a slightly rusting cast iron dutch oven…is it safe? ... It the food safe to eat? I couldn't discern any type of rust flavor or anything in the food. I searched around on the web a bit and couldn't really get a straight answer about eating rust. All I've read is that you have to injest quite bit to be of any concern.

sciencing.com/rust-dust-harmful-8606864.html

Is Rust Dust Harmful? ... requires you to take precautions against inhaling the dust when grinding or sanding the metal. While limited exposure to rust dust is not harmful in the long term, repeated exposure irritates the eyes, ears, nose and throat and can damage the lungs. Frequent and prolonged exposure to the dust from rusted metal can ...

www.livestrong.com/article/554984-are-rusty-baking-pans-unhealthy

While rust can potentially harbor bacteria, which leads to ailments such as tetanus, a small amount of rust or discoloration on your pan may not be harmful if you have thoroughly scrubbed and cleaned the pan, removing the majority of rust and discoloration on the interior of the pan. As iron oxidizes, rust forms on the exterior of the metal.

www.reference.com/health/rust-harmful-health-88b4e4bbb315e7f4

Rust, on its own, is not harmful to one's health. According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency, ingesting rust from a water source does not present adverse health effects. Rust also doesn't cause tetanus, but stepping on a rusty nail might when one is not immunized to the disease.

answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090818181215AAsGlBt

Best Answer: Rust itself is not harmful. It is just iron oxide and you could eat it without any ill effects. The only danger is that the rough surface of the metal, where it is pitted by rust, could be harbouring bacteria, either from your dog or from the ground. Wash your hands and face with soap and water ...

www.reddit.com/r/askscience/comments/3g1c7i/is_rust_iron_oxide_harmful

Additionally rust consists of not only iron (III) oxide but also iron (III) hydroxide, but I can't find the LD50 listed for it. Based on iron (III) oxide, it would seem that in order to die half the time from ingesting rust, you'd have to eat 350,000 mg, or about 0.77 pounds.