Web Results

homeguides.sfgate.com/honeysuckle-poisonous-pets-64900.html

Honeysuckle (Lonicera spp.) cascading over a wall or trellis, or growing as a shrub in a flower border, makes a beautiful addition to a garden. It grows rapidly in the wild and in gardens, and its ...

familypet.com/is-honeysuckle-dangerous-to-my-dog

Every part of the honeysuckle plant is highly toxic to dogs. Honeysuckles are a gorgeous addition to your garden and, for the most part, are okay for humans to ingest. However, honeysuckles are poisonous to dogs who are very attracted to the plant’s sweet smell, stickiness and enticing aroma. Let’s face it: Dogs love to munch on plants anyway, but this one is even more attractive to them ...

www.gardenguides.com/89607-honeysuckle-plants-dogs.html

The honeysuckle plants produce berries of red, blue or black, which are, with the exception of berries produced by Lonicera caerulea, poisonous. They can grow wild as well as in cultivation and are native to the Northern hemisphere. Warning. All parts of the honeysuckle plant are toxic to dogs.

www.aspca.org/.../toxic-and-non-toxic-plants/honeysuckle-fuchsia

If you think that your animal is ill or may have ingested a poisonous substance, contact your local veterinarian or our 24-hour emergency poison hotline directly at 1-888-426-4435. Honeysuckle Fuchsia | ASPCA

homeguides.sfgate.com/trumpet-honeysuckle-safe-dogs-93824.html

Toxic Vines. While trumpet honeysuckle is not toxic to dogs, several vines are. For example, American wisteria (Wisteria frutescens), hardy in USDA zones 5 through 9, is a woody vine found growing ...

www.hunker.com/13428336/why-are-honeysuckle-plants-poisonous-to-dogs

Honeysuckle berries contain carotenoids, which are also considered toxic to dogs.In low doses, carotenoids, including beta-carotene, are not dangerous. If your dog eats too much of them, however, they can lead to a loss of appetite, weakness, constipation, bone damage and death.

www.reference.com/home-garden/honeysuckle-poisonous-dogs-4aad7bd395768438

Honeysuckle contains cyanogenic glycosides and saponic glycosides, making all parts of the plant toxic to dogs, according to Garden Guides. Honeysuckle berries have carotenoids, which dogs are not able to process in large quantities.

www.gardenguides.com/12255661-why-are-honeysuckle-plants-poisonous-to-dogs.html

Honeysuckles (Lonicera spp.) are typically included on lists of plants poisonous to dogs. Toxins in the sap and berries of honeysuckles can cause vomiting, diarrhea, and heart and breathing problems in dogs that eat the plants. Toxicity levels vary among honeysuckle species and cultivars, but, to ...

www.patwelsh.com/garden-q-a/is-cape-honeysuckle-tecoma-capensis-toxic

The owner of the house owned dogs. The dogs lolled around in the shade of the Cape honeysuckle and never got sick from it that I know of. I do not mean to imply that it no dog ever would have an allergy to Cape honeysuckle. Just as a particular human being might have an allergy, so can a dog, particularly if it is a highly inbred canine.

living.thebump.com/honeysuckle-toxicity-6148.html

While most honeysuckle species are not poisonous, some varieties contain glycosides in the stems or vines, and carotenoids in the berries. These are generally only mildly toxic in humans, but can be harmful to animals and small children.