Web Results

www.reference.com/article/borax-same-washing-soda-4e37ca641c6f6970

Borax and washing soda are definitely not the same. Although they have certain elements in common, they have different chemical compositions. Both substances are found in nature and are processed for commercial distribution by a variety of different companies.

www.reference.com/article/washing-soda-6c4d4d752492f823

Washing soda, also known as sodium carbonate or soda ash, is a white powder used in homes and manufacturing industries. In homes, washing soda is useful in removing stains, such as those from grease and oil, and softening hard water for laundering.

www.reference.com/article/laundry-borax-7c8fb7930ddfdff3

Borax, also known as sodium tetraborate, is a naturally occurring substance that is produced by the evaporation of lakes. It is removed from the ground, then washed, dried and boxed for consumer use. Along with laundry detergent, adding 1/2 cup of borax to each load of ...

www.reference.com/article/make-washing-soda-db00992abc1ba237

To make washing soda, clean a lidded jar, label it, bake baking soda for two hours, and store it in the jar. This 2 1/2-hour process requires an oven, a baking sheet, baking soda, a lidded jar, water, soap, an adhesive label, a marker, oven mitts and a large spoon.

www.reference.com/article/can-buy-borax-powder-d0032e4cb1dd5807

Find Borax powder in most major retail grocery stores in the laundry detergent aisle. Also, order it online through beauty supply companies, such as Mountain Rose Herbs.

www.reference.com/article/borax-toxic-dogs-d54cb83836bd9ac4

Borax is toxic to dogs and should not be used around them. Borax is often used in pesticides and to get rid of fleas. However, it is harmful if ingested and can also cause skin irritation if touched.

www.reference.com/article/borax-safe-pets-62796f8a27f1bcf9

Borax is not safe for pets to ingest, but it is used in many topical treatments, including flea killers. Borax, or sodium borate, is commonly used as a detergent and pesticide, but it can be extremely harmful to pets and humans if it is swallowed.