To obtain a replacement deed, call the local courthouse or clerk's office that files deeds, or contact the attorney who helped with the sale of the house. The title company that wrote the title may also have copies of de... More » Business & Finance Credit & Lending

You can typically obtain a copy of a deed at your local county clerk or county recorder's office that records legal documents, explains San Francisco Gate. A local recorder's office is usually located in a county governm... More » Government & Politics Law

A general warranty deed is a legal document that is used to transfer interest or ownership of a property to a new owner. This transfer is done based on a sales price that has been agreed upon by both parties and guarante... More » Business & Finance Business Resources

To freeze your credit files to protect them from identity theft, contact your state attorney general office to query about the cost of initiating a credit file freeze, reports the Federal Trade Commission. Then contact e... More » Business & Finance Credit & Lending

To find government-foreclosed land for sale, contact a county clerk office in the local region and request information about foreclosure notices. Many times, the office lists the notices on a webpage or provides printout... More » Business & Finance Real Estate

Free property history search can be done for free by examining deeds, leases, mortgages and tax records at the local recorder or clerk's office. More information can be found through old city directories, census reports,... More »

Right of survivorship forms can be obtained and filed through the local country clerk's office, which also is called the county recorder or register of deeds), notes LawDepot. Multiple websites also create the form, but ... More » Business & Finance Financial Planning