Web Results


Topic Number 159 - How to Get a Transcript or Copy of Form W-2 Transcript. You can use our Get Transcript tool to request your wage and income transcript. It shows the data reported to us on information returns such as Forms W-2, Form 1099 series, Form 1098 series, and Form 5498 series; however, state or local information isn't included with the Form W-2 information.


These forms state the amount of earnings, federal and state income tax withheld, and social security and Medicare taxes withheld. Employees use W-2 forms to file income taxes. If you need a copy of your W-2 form from last year because you lost or misplaced your form, you have a few ways to obtain a copy.


Another way to get a copy of an old W-2 is to contact your tax preparer (if you have one). Be prepared to provide your Social Security number. Make sure to specify the year of the W-2 form that you want to have sent to you. Make sure the tax preparer has your correct address on file.


Contact your employer to get a duplicate prior-year W-2. If your employer can’t give you your lost W-2 Forms, or you don’t want to contact your employer, you can get a Wage and Income transcript directly from the IRS online here.


In order to receive a copy of your prior year W-2, you have three options. After requesting the W-2 , create an account and start preparing your late tax return on Prior Tax. Option #1: Get your W-2 from previous employer. The easiest way to get a copy of a lost W-2, is to contact the employer who issued it.


How Do You Get a Past Year's W2 Form? The IRS offers copies of prior year W-2 forms on request. The submitted copy is not retained by the IRS, but the information is available for the previous 10 processing years. ... how do i get prior years w2 how to get last years w2 online how to get old w2 forms online how to get w2 from previous years get ...


Where can i get copies of my last 2 years w2s? - Answered by a verified Tax Professional. We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. ... W-2 information for the year in question, by using the same form as you would for requesting the transcript, but indicating on the form that you need detailed W-2 information. ...


Sometimes, W-2 forms from employers are not sent, or they get lost in the mail. If you’re missing your W-2, contact your employer before contacting the IRS. Employers have until January 31 of the year taxes will be filed to send a W-2 to employees. If you haven’t received a W-2 by January 31, contact your employer.


By the way, you are keeping detailed records of your income and expenses, right? Whether or not you get a 1099-Misc, you must file this income. How much do you expect to make on the 1099-Misc? If you make, say, $5000, you could easily owe $1500 in additional taxes. If your withholding on the W-2 covers this, fine, if not you will owe.


If you e-filed your tax return or you didn't attach your Form W-2 to your paper return, then use one of the transcript options above. Otherwise, you'll need to contact your employer or SSA for a copy. The quickest way to obtain a copy of your current year Form W-2 is through your employer.