Web Results

beachchairscientist.com/2010/09/10/how-do-fish-give-birth

How do fish give birth? September 10, 2010 by Beach Chair Scientist 7 Comments. There are three general ways fish in the sea give birth to a new generation. I will start off explaining what is most familiar to us, fish that give birth to live young. This is called being viviparous. There is a structure similar to the placenta that connects the ...

www.wikihow.com/Tell-if-Your-Fish-Is-Having-Babies

How to Tell if Your Fish Is Having Babies. A quick online search can usually tell you whether your species of fish gives birth to live young, or whether it lays eggs. This tells you whether you should be on the lookout for a bulging...

www.reference.com/pets-animals/fish-born-fe86979493d23c99

How Are Fish Born? Home Pets & Animals Marine Life Fish. How Are Fish Born? How Are Fish Born? There are three types of fish reproduction. The first and most common one, found in 97% of fish, is ovaparity. ... how do fish give birth how does fish get birth fish giving birth do fish give live birth fish born theory what snakes are born live ...

www.petful.com/misc/how-do-fish-mate

How do fish mate? There are a few ways. Some fish can begin reproducing immediately after birth, while others may take years to mature. According to Sea World, the smaller the size of an adult fish usually indicates a fish that will reproduce early. Age and size are said to be the main factors in reproduction and reaching maturation.

www.quora.com/How-do-fish-give-birth

Over 97% of fish species are oviparous, i.e. they lay eggs and the eggs hatch independently in the elements. The other 3% are considered "Live-bearing fish" in that it looks like they're giving birth to fully-formed juveniles.

small-pets.lovetoknow.com/how-do-guppies-give-birth

Guppies (Poecilia reticulata) are livebearers, which means these fish give birth to live, viable, free-swimming young instead of eggs that still need to mature.Understanding how guppies give birth can help aquarium enthusiasts enjoy breeding healthy guppies without stressing the pregnant mother or risking the lives of the young fry (baby guppies).

www.animalwised.com/how-do-guppy-fish-reproduce-2688.html

If there are other fish in the tank, they can eat the newborns. For this reason it is very important that if your guppy is giving birth, you know what to do. Her gestation period lasts around 28 days. If you do not know when mating took place, do not worry, noticing when a guppy is in labor is easy to identify.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pregnancy_in_fish

The surfperch, genus Embiotoca, is a saltwater fish with a gestation period of three to six months. This lengthy period of pregnancy gives the family its scientific name from the Greek "embios" meaning "persistent" and "tokos" meaning "birth". The table below shows the gestation period and number of young born for some selected fish.