Web Results


Like jail sentences, fines for supplying alcohol to a minor differ depending on the severity of the crime and the state in which you live, though fines can be steep for either. A misdemeanor conviction for supplying alcohol to an underage person can result in a fines up to $5,000, though fines of $500 to $1,000 are more common.


“Giving alcohol to a minor can lead to criminal penalties or, worse, the loss of a loved one,” Aguirre said. To report underage drinking parties, contact your local police department, the Sheriff’s Department at (858) 565-5200 or Crime Stoppers Anonymous Tip Line at (888) 580-8477.


In most states, even allowing an underage person to be in a home where alcohol is available and not blocking access to the alcohol is defined as supplying alcohol to minors. This means that adults do not actually have to be on the premises and do not have to physically give the alcohol to an underage person in order to be charged.


Penalties for Providing Alcohol to a Minor. Adults and minors who give alcohol to a minor also face a stiff penalty. The punishment for making alcoholic beverages available to a minor is a class A misdemeanor, punishable by a fine up to $4,000, confinement in jail for up to a year, or both.


Selling or Giving Alcohol to a Minor is defined in Florida Statute Section 562,11(1)(a)(1).To prove the crime of Selling or Giving Alcohol to a Minor, the State must prove: You sold, gave, served, permitted service or an alcoholic beverage to the person on licensed premises, or


Giving Alcohol to a Minor Underage Drinking. The law is clear on the legal age to drink. New Jersey sets the age at 21 years and anyone under this age is not allowed to purchase, consciously possess and/or consume alcohol except in certain stipulated circumstances.


Selling or Giving Alcohol to an Underage Person Pursuant to North Carolina G.S. 18B-302(a) and (a1) In addition to representing those charged with underage drinking, our attorneys often represent those charged with selling or giving alcohol to minors.


Furnishing or Selling Alcohol to a Minor Selling or giving alcohol to a minor. Many adults feel providing alcohol to minors is not a big deal. Some parents allow their children to drink in their home or adults over the age of 21 may buy teenagers beer to look “cool.”


Business and Professions Code 25658 makes it a misdemeanor in California to sell or furnish alcohol to a minor (someone under the state legal drinking age of 21). The law applies both to people who provide alcohol to the minor, as well as to minors who purchase, possess or consume alcohol.


Selling or giving alcoholic beverages to minors; possession of alcoholic beverages by minors. A. It is a violation of the Liquor Control Act [ 60-3A-1 NMSA 1978] for a person, including a person licensed pursuant to the provisions of the Liquor Control Act, or an employee, agent or lessee of that person, if he knows or has reason to know that ...