Web Results

www.petpoisonhelpline.com/pet-safety-tips/my-dog-just-ate-xylitol-gum-is...

Thus, to achieve a potentially toxic dose, a 10 pound dog would only have to eat one piece of gum! The amount of xylitol typically found in most pet oral-care products is very small and, when used properly, is not expected to cause poisoning unless the dog ingests a very large amount. Prognosis:

www.preventivevet.com/dogs/my-dog-ate-xylitol-what-should-i-do

Xylitol is a potent and very fast acting poison in dogs — Time is truly of the essence! Here are the steps you need to take if you know or suspect that your dog ate something that had xylitol in it… Evaluate Your Dog and Get Them the Help They Need — Fast! Ask yourself: Is my dog staggering, walking like they're drunk?

www.justanswer.com/dog-health/45mmc-dog-ate-trident-gum-xylitol-it-done.html

My dog ate some Trident gum with xylitol in it. He has done this before, and we took him to the emergency vet, had his liver monitored, etc. I'm not sure whether we should take him in for it this time or if there are any symptoms we could look out for overnight to determine whether a visit to the emergency vet is necessary.

www.justanswer.com/dog-health/aue8e-just-home-dog-ate-gum-xylitol-i-m.html

I just got home and my dog ate some gum with xylitol. I'm not sure how many pieces my daughter had a pack of gum in - Answered by a verified Dog Veterinarian

canna-pet.com/my-dog-ate-gum-what-do-i-do

If your dog ate sugarless gum with xylitol, always consult with a veterinarian for directions on what to do and what to watch for. It is even better if you can get them to the vet before the symptoms start (but that is only possible if you catch your dog immediately after he ate gum.

herepup.com/my-dog-ate-gum-what-should-i-do

If your dog ate some sugar-free gum, you need to take quick action as soon as possible. Basically, most sugar-free gums contain a compound called xylitol, which is used as an artificial sweetener. While the name sounds like a straight-up chemical, there is more to xyllitol than just its seemingly sci-fi inspired name.

mybusydog.com/blogs/blog/my-dog-ate-gum-what-should-i-do

So your dog’s blood sugar levels will drop rapidly. This is what bodies use to fuel everything so when it is too low, it can start to wreak havoc on the whole body. Xylitol Toxicity Symptoms to Watch Out For. The symptoms of xylitol toxicity will start to appear about 10-15 minutes after your dog ate the gum. So if you come home and notice ...

www.petmd.com/dog/conditions/endocrine/c_dg_xylitol_toxicity

A small piece of sugar-free gum (or 0.1 g/kg of xylitol) may be considered a toxic dose of xylitol, depending on the dog's weight. Causes of Xylitol Poisoning in Dogs . The ingestion of xylitol or xylitol-containing products causes a rapid release of the hormone insulin, causing a sudden decrease in the dog's blood glucose.

www.snopes.com/fact-check/xylitol-danger

We figure she ate somewhere between 5 and 10 pieces of Orbit ... (In as little as 15 minutes, the blood sugar of a dog that has eaten gum containing Xylitol may register a marked drop in blood ...

vcahospitals.com/know-your-pet/xylitol-toxicity-in-dogs

In severe cases, the dog may develop seizures or liver failure. Dogs that develop liver failure from xylitol poisoning often show signs of hypoglycemia. How is xylitol poisoning diagnosed? A presumptive diagnosis of xylitol poisoning is made if you know or suspect that the dog ate something containing xylitol, and there are symptoms of ...