Web Results

www.petpoisonhelpline.com/pet-safety-tips/my-dog-just-ate-xylitol-gum-is...

My dog just ate xylitol gum. Is xylitol poisonous to dogs? Xylitol is a natural sweetener found in small quantities in certain fruit. Xylitol has gained recent popularity due to its sugar-free component, and is often found in diabetic snacks, foods, baked foods, and popular gums and candies. Unfortunately, there are variable amounts of xylitol ...

pethelpful.com/dogs/Health-risks-of-dogs-ingesting-sugar-free-gum

The real concerns arise when a dog eats sugarless gum that has xylitol in it. Xylitol is extremely toxic to dogs. If an owner reports that ate sugarless gum containing xylitol more than a couple of hours ago, then the vet asks to have the owner bring in the dog immediately.

www.preventivevet.com/dogs/my-dog-ate-xylitol-what-should-i-do

As xylitol is being used in an increasingly wide range and number of products, more and more dogs are getting sick from eating this “all natural” sugar substitute.. Xylitol is poisonous to dogs — well over 6,000 cases each year! ASPCA-Animal Poison Control received 3,727 xylitol calls in 2014 (2015 numbers not yet reported) and Pet Poison Helpline received 2,900 xylitol calls in 2015 ...

vcahospitals.com/know-your-pet/xylitol-toxicity-in-dogs

Some brands of gum contain fairly small amounts of xylitol, and it would take up to 9 pieces of gum to result in severe hypoglycemia in a 45 pound (20 kg) dog, while 45 pieces would need to be ingested to result in liver failure.

mybusydog.com/blogs/blog/my-dog-ate-gum-what-should-i-do

The symptoms of xylitol toxicity will start to appear about 10-15 minutes after your dog ate the gum. So if you come home and notice your dog acting especially unusual, check if any of his behavior matches the symptoms below.

canna-pet.com/my-dog-ate-gum-what-do-i-do

Even if your dog is bigger than 10lbs and only ate a small amount for their size or the gum was previously chewed (most xylitol will have been removed), you may still want to consult with your vet to be safe, as they may tell you to monitor your dog for any symptoms of toxicity.

www.petcarrierverdict.com/dog-swallowed-chewing-gum

Actually, yes: if your dog ate chewed gum there’s a chance that the xylitol had already been washed away by the saliva of the person who previously chewed it. Although the prognosis is better than if your dog just ate a fresh stick of gum, you still shouldn’t take any chances and get them to the vet right away.

www.justanswer.com/dog-health/45mmc-dog-ate-trident-gum-xylitol-it-done.html

My dog ate some Trident gum with xylitol in it. He has done this before, and we took him to the emergency vet, had his liver monitored, etc. I'm not sure whether we should take him in for it this time or if there are any symptoms we could look out for overnight to determine whether a visit to the emergency vet is necessary.

petdt.com/dog-ate-gum

Help! My Dog Ate Sugar-Free Gum! Now, if your dog has eaten some gum with xylitol in it then you need to act fast! I’d like to start by saying that you needn’t go into a panic if your dog ate gum with xylitol in it if you’ve caught him early enough. The good news is that prognosis is good if this toxicity is handled early.

www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/paws-xylitol-its-dangerous-dogs

Sugarless gum may contain xylitol, a class of sweetener known as sugar alcohol. Xylitol is present in many products and foods for human use, but can have devastating effects on your pet ...