Web Results


Like most household bleach products, the active ingredient in Clorox bleach is sodium hypochlorite, a derivative of salt. Clorox bleach begins and ends its life as a mixture of salt and water.


Clorox bleach aids in the completion of multiple household chores, most commonly in the laundry cycle when washing white clothing and linens. Another common household use for Clorox bleach is the removal of mold and mildew from various surfaces, including shower curtains and bathroom tiles.


Clorox bleach is not recommended for cleaning the brewing mechanism of a coffee pot. It is acceptable to use a mild bleach and water solution to clean the outside surface of a coffeemaker or filter.


Clorox bleach can be used successfully as a weed killer. Care must be taken, however, to apply the bleach only to the weeds one wishes to kill, since bleach is likely to kill or damage any other plant it touches. It is also important to keep bleach from contaminating the ground water or soil around


According to Clorox, wall surfaces and appliances can be disinfected with a solution of ? cup of Clorox bleach per 1 gallon of water. Wipe down the surfaces with the solution and allow it to stand for five minutes. Rinse the surfaces and allow them to air dry.


Clorox bleach is harmful to the skin. It is advised to wear a pair of gloves while using this product as it can cause skin irritation, rashes and discomfort.


The active ingredient in Clorox bleach is sodium hypochlorite (NaOCl), a strong oxidizing agent used to clean, sanitize and disinfect surfaces and liquids, and to destroy pigments in stains and textiles. This is a powerful and potentially dangerous chemical which must be handled carefully.


According to a Material Safety Data Sheet provided by The Clorox Company, Clorox bleach can cause skin burns and irritation; therefore, using it to bleach hair can cause injury. Although the MSDS does not provide any uses against Clorox bleach, the suggested uses are for laundry and household cleani


Inhaling Clorox bleach is dangerous and can lead to poisoning, especially if mixed with ammonia. Symptoms caused by inhaling fumes from Clorox bleach include coughing, gagging, delirium, and burns in the airway and lungs. If a person inhales Clorox bleach fumes, he must immediately be moved to fresh


Javex 12 Bleach is a commercial product used to eliminate bacteria and algae in water and disinfect hard surfaces. It's approved for industrial and institutional uses such as food plant sanitation, and it may be used in swimming pools.