Web Results


Roses. Roses are not toxic to cats, but they do have thorns. If your cat plays in a rosebush or tries to eat its leaves and stems, he could get an upset stomach and scratch up his skin and face. Also, if you've used topical chemicals on your bush, they could make him sick.


Cat owners often worry about the safety of the plants and flowers inside their home and in their garden. The rose, however, is a flower that is safe to have around cats. Cats that ingest rose petals will not suffer toxic effects because the rose is not poisonous to cats, according to the American ...


No, roses themselves are not poisonous to cats. Cats may experience a little diarrhea or upset stomach if they eat too much, but the petals and stems of thornless roses are safe for your kitty. Are Rose Leaves Toxic To Cats? If the petals of a rose are safe for cats, what about the plant’s leaves? Thankfully, the answer to that question is ...


Your cat can still enjoy the rose petals...and clover, too! Our cats loved our rose garden, but would only eat the botton flowers, so we didnt' mind. We even planted extra for them! I worked as a volunteer to ASPCA for many years. It is okay!


What will happen if my cat eats rose petals - Answered by a verified Cat Vet. We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. Cat.


are roses toxic to cats. Customer Question. If my cat eats rose... If my cat eats rose petals will he get sick? Submitted: 11 years ago. Category: Cat. Show More. ... Is it ok for cats to eat rose petals? are they toxic? i have a ragdoll and trying to figure out why he seems sluggish all of a sudden. thank you! JA ...


The good news is that for cats, roses are not toxic which means eating the actual rose petals isn’t life threatening for cats. Keep in mind that most rose bushes however do have thorns and leaves. These thorns can harm cats in several ways. If your cat tries to eat the leaves of a rose bush and eats too much, this can cause some stomach ...


A Thorny Situation. While the leaves and flowers of your rose plants won't harm your feline friend, the sharp, needle-like thorns found on their branches can, warns Pet Poison Helpline.


While it's reasonably safe for cats and dogs to chew the flower petals and leaves without the risk of poisoning, eating rose blossoms or leaves could cause stomach upset. It's best to keep vases ...