To get rid of moss in a lawn, use moss killer on the lawn. After the moss dies, remove it from the lawn using a rake, and plant new grass in the empty spots. Water the newly planted areas frequently until the new grass is fully established.
To get rid of moss on your lawn, apply pesticide, improve the drainage of your lawn, and fertilize it regularly. If you can, it is also helpful to get more light to your lawn. It is best to treat moss with pesticide as soon as it appears.
Alleviating damp, shady conditions and physical removal of moss are natural ways to kill it. Moss grows in yards as a result of moisture, shade and poorly maintained lawns.
Moss can be removed from trees and bushes by hand, through power washing or through the application of chemicals, such as copper sulfate or lime sulfur. Chemical control methods are not typically recommended for homeowners because the chemicals used are toxic and corrosive.
Remove moss from trees by hand, brushing and spraying the trunk with a pressure washer or copper hydroxide fungicide. Chemical control of mosses is very effective, but the homeowner should wear protective equipment when mixing fungicides.
To remove moss from a roof, spray a mixture of equal parts bleach and water throughout the roof using a garden sprayer. Install zinc strips across the length of the roof to prevent moss growth.
Remove moss from the roof with a long-handled scrub brush, a mixture of bleach and water, or a commercial roof cleaner. Another common method is to use a power washer, but this is not recommended, as it can damage the shingles.
Options for effective organic moss removal include using vinegar, baking soda or Dawn Ultra dish detergent. These products do not cause problems in streams due to runoff water and do not stain surfaces like those containing iron, copper or zinc.
To remove moss from concrete, saturate the moss-covered areas with undiluted vinegar, scrub with a hard-bristle brush and rinse with cold water; then sprinkle the concrete with a thin layer of baking soda. Allow the soda to rest for 24 hours before sweeping the area clean.
Low-altitude pikas survive by eating moss, but very few other animals can do so because moss is a very poor-quality food, says National Geographic. Fairfax County Public Schools reports that a few small mites and crustaceans eat moss, but most small animals use it as shelter material rather than foo