Web Results


If you have been a victim of police misconduct, then suing the police department or officer is viable. Take advantage of LegalMatch's online service to find an experienced lawyer near you today! Visit us to learn more and how we can help you find lawyers that sue police departments.


Whether you can sue for emotional distress caused by law enforcement depends on the circumstances. ... Suing the Police for Emotional Distress. ... An experienced lawyer can explain the law that applies to your situation, analyze the merits of your claim, and review potential defenses for the police and government. ...


Perhaps you or a loved one has been mistreated by the police either during an arrest or while in custody. If that is the case, you may want to sue the police department. However, you need to bear in mind the incredible difficulty of such a suit and develop a strategy to go forward with. Follow these steps to sue a ...


Can I sue a police department I was arrested for resisting officer without violence. I was put in jail, had to be bailed out. I had to pay for being in jail, Had to pay a bail bondsman to get me...


What You Should Do to Sue the Police . If you have had a confrontation with the police in which you believe there was inappropriate behavior and you are considering a lawsuit, there are several things you can do to build a strong foundation for your case. Speak to a civil rights attorney as soon as possible.


Top Rated local police misconduct attorney listings, police misconduct lawyer and law firm reviews, and more legal information on Lawyers.com Get Started. ... Top Rated Police Misconduct lawyers by Location. Location: Featured - Law Firms Practicing Police Misconduct In United States AV. The Law Offices of Maloney & Campolo, LLP 5.0 /5.0.


A Section 1983 claim is a civil suit by a member of the public against the police department or government agency that violated the individual’s rights. Generally, a successful Section 1983 claim requires the deprivation of an individual’s civil rights, by a government official, acting under the supposed power of the law.


Need attorney to sue for damages for official police misconduct and tampering with evidence(2police found guilty already) need attorney to sue police dept. % 2 officiers found guilty of 2nd degree conspiracy to commit and official misconduct and 3rd degree tampering with evidence. I want to sue for personal damages.


Police Misconduct . Our police misconduct lawyers handle cases involving false arrest, excessive force, police brutality, unlawful shooting, unconstitutional search and seizure, illegal strip search, police cover-up, and wrongful convictions. To read about ways to complain about police misconduct, click here.


In order to win a civil rights claim, an individual bringing a police misconduct claim must prove that the actions of the police exceeded reasonable bounds, infringed the victim's constitutional rights, and produced some injury or damages to the victim (such as wrongful death by police). Claims against police departments can be expensive to ...