Whales are carnivores, meaning that they subsist entirely on a diet of meat. Whales are part of a larger order of animals called cetaceans, which also includes dolphins and porpoises. All cetaceans are carnivorous animal... More »

One example of a carnivore is a lion. Some other animals that are classified as carnivores are tigers, eagles, crocodiles, bears, raccoons, vultures, killer whales and hyenas. More »

www.reference.com Science Biology

The largest carnivore to ever walk the earth was Spinosaurus, the largest of the dinosaurs, while the largest living carnivore is the male Southern elephant seal. Although fossil records are not sufficiently complete to ... More »

Sperm whales are dedicated carnivores, whose diet is essentially comprised of all meat from various oceanic animals. Around 80 percent of the sperm whale's diet is made up of giant squid, with the remaining 20 percent an... More »

Orcas, the largest dolphins in the sea, subsist on a diet of fish, seals, sea lions, squid and dolphins, and they also eat porpoises and whales. Also called killer whales, orcas are highly social animals that travel in f... More »

As one of the world's most unique whales, narwhals have many unusual adaptations, including their reliance on a specialized diet and the long, horn-like tooth of the males. According to the National Oceanic and Atmospher... More »

The major difference between these three groups is that carnivores eat meat, herbivores eat plants, and omnivores eat a little of both. Each has a different kind of teeth and digestive system that helps it eat and digest... More »