Web Results


What Takes up Most of the Volume of an Atom? Almost all of the volume of an atom is empty space. For example, the hydrogen atom, which has one proton, one neutron and one electron, is 99.99 percent empty space, with just 0.0000000000004 percent of its volume occupied by subatomic particles.


The thing that takes up the most space of an atom at about 99.99% of the size of the atom is empty space. The majority of the remaining 0.01% is found in the nucleus and about 0.00001% of the atom ...


What Part of the Atom Takes up Most of Its Space? Although each atom is made up of different-sized particles, the majority of the space, or volume, of each atom consists of its electron cloud. However, among the three molecules present, the neutrons are the largest and the atom's nucleus makes up 99.9 percent of its total mass.


most of an atoms volume is nothing, think of the atom as a football stadium, a football in the centre is the neucleus, electrons would be the size of peas in the very back row, the rest is empty ...


The volume swept out by the orbit of the electron..... The electronic orbit, which surely must represent the volume of an atom, certainly so for the hydrogen ATOM, must surely represent the ATOMIC volume. The dwarfs the nuclear radius: i.e. radius of ""^1H atom ~= 1xx10^-10*m; the radius of the hydrogen NUCLEUS, 1xx10^-15*m; that's 5 orders of magnitude.


Most of the volume of an atom is taken up by the _____ , and most of the mass of an atom is found in the … Get the answers you need, now!


It takes up most of the volume of the atom and it contains most of the mass of the atom. If your looking for one answer only then the latter is true. The atomic nucleus contains the protons and neutrons which are about 2,000 times the size of the electrons which is outside the nucleus.


The true statement concerning the atomic nucleus is: It takes up most of the volume of the atom. It contains protons, neutrons, and electrons. It contains most of the mass of the atom.


Start studying Science 5. Learn vocabulary, terms, and more with flashcards, games, and other study tools. Search. Create. Log in Sign up. Log in Sign up. 10 terms. RLC71298. Science 5. ... What takes up most of the volume of an atom? (5) The volume of an atom is made up from the electrons.


Physical Science Chapter 2 Part 1. STUDY. PLAY. Atom. Building blocks of matter. Molecules. ... Which part of an atom makes up most of its volume? Nucleus. Which part of an atom makes up most of its mass? Electron. What is not apart of the nucleus of an atom- proton,electron, neutron.