A tax return is the tax form on which one files income taxes with the Internal Revenue Service, explains Investopedia. The term "tax return" can also refer to the process by which the government refunds excess taxes, alt... More » Business & Finance Taxes

Use Form 1040X to change a previously filed Form 1040A, 1040, 1040NR, 1040EZ or 1040NR-EZ, says the IRS. Make sure to check the correct box for the year you are amending, and file a paper form rather than an electronic f... More » Business & Finance Taxes Income Tax

You can file tax returns either with the help of a tax preparer or as a solo effort. A certified tax preparer is likely to pick up any errors to prevent possible audits and can point out possible deductions that could ma... More » Business & Finance Taxes
similar articles

Use Form 4868 to obtain a six-month extension for filing taxes by filing the form by the due date for your calendar year tax return or fiscal year return, explains the Internal Revenue Service. You are, however, not gran... More » Business & Finance Taxes

File an amended tax return to claim W-4 withholding from a previous year’s taxes, according to the Internal Revenue Service. File the amended return using Form 1040X. You cannot claim withholding from a previous year on ... More » Business & Finance Taxes

The Internal Revenue Service generally calculates tax penalty at 5 percent of the unpaid taxes for each part of a month or for the entire month a tax return is late, explains the IRS. The penalty starts to accrue the day... More » Business & Finance Taxes

Internal Revenue Service Form 940 is the employer's annual federal unemployment tax return that employers use to report federal unemployment taxes, as of 2015, states the IRS. Federal and state governments combine their ... More » Business & Finance Taxes