Web Results


Being an authorized representative, having power of attorney, or a joint bank account with the beneficiary is not the same as being a payee. These arrangements do not give legal authority to negotiate and manage a beneficiary's Social Security and/or SSI benefits.


Representative payee - bank account set up I received a check with my name for the benefit of my adult child. I tried to go to the credit union to set up an account and they said that there is a form that I need.


other interested party to serve as the “representative payee.” We thoroughly investigate those who apply to be representative payees to protect the interests of Social ... an interest-paying bank account that’s insured under either federal or state law. Interest earned belongs to the beneficiary.


Go to a bank of your preference and inform an account services representative that you want to open a checking account as a representative payee. Step. Provide a letter of authorization from the Social Security Administration along with additional identification -- a driver's license, passport, military ID or a state-issued ID.


Instead, the bank account should be titled in the name of the beneficiary, with the representative payee noted on the account, i.e., "Your name, as representative payee for your child's name." Obviously, this can be difficult when you are serving as the representative payee for a minor child who lives with you.


benefits directly deposited into a bank account. The representative payee must title the bank account to establish the beneficiary’s ownership of the funds but at the same time restrict the beneficiar y’s direct access to the funds.


SS# for Representative Payee Disability SS. 03/18/2013. I have a customer who is opening an account for her husband to receive his Social Security disability payments and she is the representative payee.


A representative payee is an individual or organization appointed by SSA to receive Social Security and/or SSI benefits for someone who cannot manage or direct someone else to manage his or her money. ... being an authorized representative or having a joint bank account with the beneficiary is not the same thing as being a payee. These ...


If a representative payee requests direct deposit, the title of the account or sub account must show that the representative payee has only a fiduciary interest in the account or sub account and the beneficiary is the owner of the funds.


We would also need the following information when opening this account as the Representative Payee: - A copy of the appointment from the Social Security Administration which must be retained by the Bank with our legal documents. - If the Representative Payee is a person, all personal information.