articles

According to the ASPCA, oleander is toxic to cats, dogs and horses. The plant, also called rose-bay, contains a digoxin-like substance that causes difficult breathing, disorientation, vomiting, diarrhea, muscle tremors a... More »

www.reference.com Pets & Animals Pets Veterinary Health

Mistletoe contains a substance called phoratoxin that is poisonous to humans. Eating any part of the mistletoe plant can cause severe illness and even death in some cases. More »

www.reference.com Science Biology Botany

While cockroaches and their bites are not poisonous, allergens in their feces, saliva and body parts can trigger allergic reactions and asthma, especially in children. Statistics from the National Cooperative Inner-City ... More »

www.reference.com Pets & Animals Bugs
similar articles

Metronidazole is an antibiotic and antiprotozoal medication used in cats, dogs and horses as well as humans. Metronidazole is also used to treat tropical fish, reptiles and amphibians. More »

www.reference.com Pets & Animals Pets Veterinary Health

Mange in dogs and cats is caused by parasites, which are sometimes treated with Ivomec. According to the Daily Med, Ivomec is better used on cattle and is not considered a safe parasite and mange treatment for dogs. More »

www.reference.com Pets & Animals Pets Veterinary Health

The signs of mange in pets include hair loss, sores, itching, scratching, the appearance of scabs and bacterial infections in dogs and itching, scratching and restlessness in cats. Mange in cats is rare, but not impossib... More »

www.reference.com Pets & Animals Pets Veterinary Health

Get free neutering for your dogs by checking if the animal care services or animal welfare department of your city has an existing free neuter/spay program for dogs or other domesticated pets. The Humane Society of the U... More »

www.reference.com Pets & Animals Pets Veterinary Health